Emergency Medicine »
- Different aspects of effective emergency medical services such as pre- hospital care, emergency service and post- hospital care are planned for integrated service. Focus is on resuscitation and stabilization in hospital emergency and on ICU upgrade.
- Recruit expatriate physicians to return and assist in updated EMS development.
- Parami General Hospital Yangon has initiated EMS as primary focus, upgraded its Emergency Department (ED), and recruited young doctors to train as Emergency Medical Officers (EMO) for building EMS teams and continue as trainers (training of trainers TOT).
- Stanford Emergency Medicine International, USA, University of Antelope Valley Emergency Medicine, USA and Burmese Medical Association of North America have supported training of trainers.
- Train MOs from Pilot area Kyaik Hto townshipon emergency medical techniques.
- Conduct advocacy seminar and symposium to introduce emergency medicine for PPP.
- Develop supportive Emergency Medicine Technicians (EMT) by training other appropriate health care workers and first responders in other sectors, such as fire brigade and rescue, police, hotels, tour operators.